Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weekend-the other part

On Sunday when Tim and I got back from our trip, Connell and I packed up and headed back with my parents to Olive Branch (that's just outside Memphis). I grew up in Olive Branch.

My 3 best girlfriends from high school still live in the area and we had planned to get together with our kids on Monday. Their kids were on Fall Break, so that worked out good. It was so much fun to be together again. It's been way tooooooo long! So, between the 4 of us, we have 8 kids! And of the 8, it's 7 boys and 1 sweet girl! That's a lot of BOY!

Best Friends - now hot mamas! (and this great pic was taken by Joy's 8-year old!)
Joy, Amy, Holly and me hmmm, very hard to try to get 8 kids to sit still and LOOK! (the only reason Connell was sitting is because I gave him a sucker :))

While we were in town, we also had dinner with Rachel and her baby girl Mallory. Mallory is so sweet, and she is getting so big! Amazingly, she was catching a cat nap at the table even with Connell's squealing!

We managed to stop by Grandma, Grandpa and Papa's offices to visit too! And interrupt everyone's work...Wow - crackers coming thru a hole in the desk:)
Who's in charge?!?!
Check out the cool U of Memphis sweatshirt Meme and Papa gave Connell.

Also made a stop at Leonards Pit BBQ. Tim waited tables at Leonards during high school and college; Leondards is like family to us! They were so excited to meet Connell! He LOVED the big pick-up truck in the restaurant.

And before heading home, we had to take a 'ride' on Grandpa's Harley!

It was a great visit, but WOW, Connell and I were exhausted when we made it back home. Ok, I don't know so much about Connell, but Mommy sure was tired! It's always good to be back home.

No comments: