Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Taking a break from it all! (a long weekend away)

The first half was spent on a romantic weekend getaway with my hubby and the second part was spent with my little boy. Doesn't get any better! I feel so blessed to have both of them in my life.

Tim and I left Friday (by ourselves...my Mom and Dad came to stay with Connell) and headed just 200 miles east to Dandridge, Tennessee and the Mountain Harbor Inn. It's about 30-40 minutes from the Gatlinburg area. Beautiful! You have to check out the Inn here! The Inn sits on Douglas Lake with the Smokies in the backdrop. I strongly recommend this place for an escape. No kids allowed! Our room was awesome; we stayed in the "Endless Love" suite. I think it's a requirement for B&B's to have cheesy names for their rooms! Nonetheless, we were endlessly in love with our room.

We had a wonderful weekend. Tim found a great restaurant only about 10 minutes away from where we were staying. It was delicious and had the best atmosphere...right on the lake! Perfect! My whole thing about the weekend was I didn't want to plan or decide anything. That's all I do all day, and I wanted/needed a break from it. I love that he got online, made us reservations and planned it all out. :) Part of our stay at the Inn includes a sunset cruise on the lake and then dessert and of course, breakfast in the morning. We did a little shopping at the outlets in Sevierville and then mostly just relaxed on the huge deck outside of the Inn.

We were truly relaxed and so glad to be able to have some adult alone time! Connell was "perfect" for Grandma and Grandpa, so we were able to really enjoy our time and not worry about our boy.

Oh, one more thing. Several of you have asked how swimming lessons are going??? Grandma and Grandpa took him Saturday while we were out of town. Grandpa was the one in the water with Connell, and he reports that Connell only started to cry when another little girl did. So maybe a little improvement. Connell is doing great with the skills they are teaching, just not exactly with a smile on his face. Dad told me that they took underwater pics of the little ones so hopefully, we'll see that this week. I will share it if I can.

Lake lot for sale...$300K!!! Georgeous!

The Mountain Harbor Inn (taken from the boat; usually the water would be high enough to cover the rocks but they take the lake down really low at the start of the Fall every year)

Self-portrait


Sunset cruisin' on Douglas Lake

The Endless Love Suite

Who needs a TV in the bathroom?

We had to take a pic of the most fabulous tub ever!


Sunrise!



Last but not least, the dessert at the Inn. Now you know why we didn't want to leave!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice!! I wanna go!!