Saturday, June 19, 2010

June Recap (part 2)

After our trip to Memphis, we had another extremely busy week. Too many plans on the social calendar! As much fun as it has been, I think we are all ready for a little break. We love our friends to pieces...and it's hard to say NO!

Here's the rundown, and then you'll know why we are tired.

Sunday - on the way back from Memphis...stopped in Nashville to see my friend Elizabeth in town from Shreveport. We met about 8 years ago when I worked for CPSI out of Mobile. She has other friends in Nashville and came to town to go to the CMA Music Fest. I am going with them next year, and can't wait! After we hung out with her, we went to eat at the Mellow Mushroom (yum) and them headed home. I think we finally made it home around 730pm.

Monday - I had Bunco! Fun night for me!

Tuesday - Uncle Kelly (Tim's youngest brother) came up from Murfreesboro (@ 45 min from here) to hang out. We grabbed some dinner and played.

Wednesday - We had a swimming playdate with my friend Allison and her kids, Lana and Ryan. Ryan (1) napped and Connell, Lana and Emma (and the mommies) hung out in the pool. It was alot of fun!

Connell & Lana enjoying their popsicle treat!

Wednesday night - kids napped after swimming and then we headed downtown to the Old Spaghetti Factory to celebrate our friend Kevin's 40th birthday! We are so blessed to know the Earls. They are kind enough to invite us to all of their family parties! Dinner was yummy and Connell thought downtown was neat.

Thursday - Connell went to MDO and Emma and I had 18 (really) errands to run. Poor Emma. And poor Mommy too. I didn't watch the weather and in the middle of our Father's Day shopping, we got caught in a huge downpour and were soaked! Emma was a trooper and the sun came back out and we continued on with our errands and got alot accomplished. Thursday night we joined our neighbors/friends the Wilsons at a cookout at the Jacobs house. I was in a tired and grouchy mood on the way, but as soon as we arrived and I was with some of my favorite folks, I was all smiles! :) Connell had a blast catching fireflies with the other kids and visiting with Ms. Shannon's cows (in her backyard - totally cool!). Emma likes the cows too!

Friday - We had the Mitchells to our house for a cookout! My husband prepared a delicious meal and we had a great time letting all the kids play outside. It was terribly hot, but we were able to keep cool thanks to the water activities! Emma is trying to get the hang of her new sippy cup! ChaseConnell, Kate Ryne & Julianna
This might be my "wordiest" post ever...just wanted to be able to remember the busiest week ever!

No comments: