Monday, December 13, 2010

Let it snow (but maybe not right now)!

Timing is everything, and this week is really not the best week for snow, but oh well! Sunday morning when we woke up and I saw nothing, I figured the weather people had it all wrong, again. Connell and I went to church (Emma had a yucky nose and cough) and by the time church ended and we headed for our breakfast date to Panera, it was really snowing. It continued all day and we ended up with a few inches of snow!
Lots of fun things were canceled as a result, and I was kind of bummed, but instead I got to stay in the warm house and admire the pretty white snow!

Watching the snow fall...Emma kept going to the window and saying "schnow"

School was out Monday (& tuesday) and Taylor and Reagan spent some time with us Monday. It was about 16 degrees when they went out, and thankfully, they didn't want to stay out too long! I was hanging out in the garage, taking pictures!
Very cold face...and a cookie!
working on his shoveling skills that he just learned in Milwaukee
Reagan
Taylor
My snow angel
Cute, even with snot running down!
We stayed in our jammies all day and made marshmallow snowmen! Obviously, Connell found this very funny!
I am thinking now that I am glad God sent the snow when He did. It forced us all to SLOW down from the season's busyness. Timing is everything, and God's timing is always perfect, even when it conflicts with my plans.
Hoping we can have more snow days this winter!

No comments: