Monday, December 6, 2010

Going North...Milwaukee

We haven't been to Milwaukee since December 2008. Connell was 18 months old and I was just about to discover that I was pregnant with Emma. Last year, I wanted to go but Emma was just a tiny infant and the media (and the doctor) had me scared to death of swine flu so I didn't want to fly. I was so excited that we all were able to make the trip to Milwaukee for the annual Secret Pal party, but most importantly, so my Grandma could meet Emma for the first time and see how much Connell has grown.
There are a ton of pictures...but we don't get to Milwaukee very often and I am really excited that we got some great shots!

Watching the airplanes


Connell flew several times when he was younger, but this was his first time flying since our last time 2 years ago. He was very excited, and wanted to know if Mommy was going to "dribe" the plane?! I am happy to say that he and Emma (her first flight) were both great on the plane.

Cookie time Connell is such a big boy...he insisted at both airports that he could pull the suitcase all by himself!
Uncle Mike, Grandma & me
Grandma & Connell reading with Great Grandma
Tim & I with Grandma All the ladies! Connell & Emma playing "shoe shine" with Great Grandma. My aunt and uncle have saved all of these old toys (most of which I remember playing with when I was young) and the kids had SO much fun with all of them. storytime with Grandpa Mom & Aunt Marge getting ready for a night at the symphony - SISTERS! Can't you tell?! :)
We went to bed and Saturday morning, woke to about 4 inches of snow! BIG excitement! Emma & Grandma watching the snow play from the warmth of the houseGrab a shovel! There might have been a snowball fight... :) ...and enough snow to build a little snowman!

Emma & I ready to go to the party

A little cooperation!
Mom & Grandma
Emma & her Grandma

The Secret Pals
Saturday night, we had a fun visit with some of the "Nelson" side of the family! Here is my Dad and his "baby" sister, my Aunt Katie.
Dad & my cousin Andy
Me and Aunt Katie. I have been told my entire adult life that I look just like her. I tend to agree!
The crew! We had such a great time with everyone! We will be together again in April for a special wedding :)
When I was little, I was absolutely enthralled with my Aunt and Uncle's clothes shute! I mean, what kid wouldn't be? Connell, too, found it very appealing and was happy to send anything and everything down the shute!
Before heading to the airport, we went to the nursing home to visit Grandma. Here we are singing "jingle bells!"
Emma and the bells!
It was so special for me to bring my babies to visit Grandma. Even though it's not always easy to travel with little ones, I am so glad we did!
Santa was taking pictures at the airport in Milwaukee...Emma wasn't interested but Connell wanted to talk to Santa again!

2 comments:

andy stenz said...

those nelson family genes are pretty good looking - especially those handsome men!

aimee said...

It was so great to see all of you! Your babies are so sweet! Thank you for letting Connell be a part of our special day. I'm really looking forward to all of you being here to celebrate with us!