Saturday, January 8, 2011

Who's a big girl now?

This day came around a lot faster than I thought it would. Connell started going to MDO once a week when he was 16 months old so we decided Emma would do the same. She seems to really like the classrooms there and always wants to stay and play when are dropping off or picking up Connell.
As with everything with these babies, it's a little bittersweet. She really shouldn't be old enough to be going, but she is. And she seemed like an even bigger girl when I picked her up. Is that possible? I love that Emma and I have had our Tues/Thurs while Connell is at school to just be "us." Connell and I had over 2 years of "us" time and I wish Emma and I had more of that time together. So I am missing one of those days now, but I know it's good for her and good for me too...afterall, when am I going to work on my big list of 2011!
Emma did great this morning when I dropped her off. I saw no tears and she was actually quite excited. Connell has been asking for a long time when his sister was going to come to school with him so he was happy too. She is right across the hall from him. I dropped them both off, cried for a minute in my truck and then went running at a park nearby. I came home alone for the first time in 16 months. Weird.
When I went to pick them up, Emma's teachers (who I love, they have both had Connell too) said she had a good day. She cried for just a bit in the early part of the day but was just fine. Connell was thrilled to be back at school. He told me he missed his friends during Christmas break. Emma is not the only one getting big.

1/4/11




No comments: