Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Festivities

I guess I should also add to my list for 2011, I would like to not ALWAYS been in "catch up" mode on this blog. But I am for now, so that's that.
On New Years Eve, we went to celebrate our friend Kate Ryne's 3rd birthday! Sweet girl! We loved her bumble-bee birthday party.

Silly Connell!this pretty girl is 16 months old TODAY!There is the birthday girl, excitedly opening gifts!
Kristy asked me a week or so ago to do a 5k on New Year's morning. Then she recruited Marci. I don't think any of us expected the weather that was coming. But check out these race shirts. Nice bowtie, right?! :) Emma on New Year's EveHappy COLD WET 2011! I can handle running in the cold, but freezing rain and wind and LOTS of hills...not so fun. Especially when a certain someone didn't run a single step during the entire holiday season. It was a looooooong 3 miles. But I am glad I did it, and it has certainly inspired me to get back into running. Kristy looks like she is having fun despite the elements. What a trooper! :)
Right after the race, and a very warm shower, we headed over to the Earls. They are always kind to invite us for New Years lunch. Emma was checking out Jackson's new toy!

No comments: