Monday, September 20, 2010

Grandparents/Hot Date/Special Celebration

I have a really great husband. I also have really great parents. Together, they all made my Friday night LOTS of fun!
Grandma and Grandpa arrived around dinnertime, and Tim and I headed out on our date - the plans were made by Tim and it was all a surprise for me. I mean, he still didn't tell me what we were doing/where we were going until we were like 2 miles from our destination. We started at one of our favorite restaurants, the Park Cafe. We had a delicious, enjoyable dinner with uninterrupted adult conversation. It was fabulous!!!!! Then, for part 2 of the surprise, Tim took me to a Chihuly Nights exhibit at Cheekwood in the beautiful botanic gardens. It was so cool! Since I didn't know where we were going, I didn't have the "good" camera, just my little sony. But the pictures are still pretty good and you get the idea of how neat the exhibit was.






We finally received a part that was missing in order to hang the glider. There is a certain someone that has been "gliding" like crazy ever since...


Grandpa's birthday was last weekend and Grandma's birthday is this coming weekend. Grandma is having a milestone birthday, but I would probably get in trouble if I said which one. :) We celebrated with a family dinner at another of our favorite spots, The Yellow Porch. We had an early dinner reservation, and let me just take a moment to brag on our kids. They were wonderful. We got a few compliments even! They are always good when we go out to eat, but we don't always take them to places this nice. I was a little nervous, but they were sweet!
Earlier in the day, we all went to Gigi's Cupcakes and everyone selected their own special treat since we were having a birthday party. This is a box of yummy goodness!

I think Emma might have been having a flashback to her birthday party...she is an icing girl!
Sunday morning we went to church and then had more playtime! I love being with my family! I love weekends! :)

No comments: