Sunday, September 12, 2010

12 Month Update

I took Emma for her 12 month well visit on 9/2. She was cooperative and did well, even though we had to wait for quite a long time. I really can't complain...we love our pediatrician and I know that sometimes, they are just super busy and tending to more emergency-type visits. I am thankful when we are just there because we are HEALTHY!
So, here are the stats. Emma weighs 20.5 pounds and is 29.5 inches tall. She is doing great with all of her developmental milestones. The week of her birthday, she started taking a few steps here and there. She will take a step or two, but then drops down and crawls. She is SO fast...I think she just prefers that as her mode of transportation.
Emma is a very verbal child. She already has several words...momma, dadda, juice, more, shoes...sometimes she will say book. Just recently, she has started nodding her head up and down to say "yes". If you ask her if she wants more of something, she nods her head so hard it looks like it hurts. What can I say, she loves to eat!
For the past few months, she has been willing and happy to give out lots of kisses. Now, she is very stubborn and will really only kiss her Daddy. Oh, and her brother. So I guess that leaves me out. I occasionally get a smooch...and it's so sweet!
Emma loves music...she tries to sing along, especially at church. It's so precious! She also really enjoys swinging on the playset...I think she would swing for hours.
Our girl is quite fiesty! She is willing to duke it out with Connell and I am not sure that's something I am really ready for. He wants to "love" on her all the time, which is sweet, but I think it sometimes annoys her and she fusses at him.
And before I forget (and I need to get a picture of this), Emma has already started carrying a purse. Not really :) but it's so cute what she does. There is a little barn toy that opens up and holds a few little soft animals that make sounds when you squeeze them. She likes to play with the animals, but she LOVES to hang the handle from her wrist and carries it around like a purse. It's adorable!
This video will also show some of her new talents! She keeps us laughing for sure!


Playing the waiting game at the doctor. texting.

Well, I guess I dropped the ball on the 12 month picture in the green chair. Maybe I will still take it, just a little late. But I do think I need to post a picture of my little buddy when he had just turned 1, since we've seen his monthly pics, too.

On Connell's first birthday!

a few days after he turned 1!

No comments: