Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Visitors!

This past weekend, Tim went on an extended "weekend" trip to Vegas with his Dad and brothers to do a little golfing. They usually do this every spring and have a great time. I was a little nervous about having both kids ALL by myself for 5 days...I mean, I can handle it, but I knew it would be extra exhausting without my helpful hubby around and I knew Connell especially would be really missing Daddy. Sooooooo, imagine how excited I was when I found out that my parents were coming to hang with us for the whole time!!! Yay!
We had so much fun. Thursday Dad had to fly to Chicago for the day for a meeting, and Connell went to school while Mom and I took Emma for her six month portraits. We had girl's lunch after that and while we were certainly missing the guys, it was nice to be just us girls for a day! the weather was great that afternoon so Connell and Grandma took a nice walk around the "turtle pond" and then went to play at the playground.
Friday the weather was cold and yuck, so we all piled in the truck and headed to Opry Mills Mall. We ate lunch at the Aquarium Restaurant which is super cool! Connell loved "the fishy place" and keeps talking about taking Daddy there. After we ate, we shopped and shopped, and then shopped some more. We had cooperative kids, and a patient Grandpa! And everyone got something, so that made it fun!


Saturday I had Weight Watchers so the kids hung with G'ma and G'pa and then we took Connell to swimming lessons. He is doing better and better and it's so neat to watch! I can't wait for summer to get here so we can spend some time in the pool!
Sunday we went to church and Emma wanted to make a joyful noise, but that's okay. God must especially love the little (noisy) children! ;) Then, of course, we had to hit the Cracker Barrel!!!
We had a wonderful visit and I was so thankful that I had the opportunity to have an extra long weekend with my parents and they were a HUGE help to me! If it weren't for them, Timmy's trips might be done! (haha - just kidding)!
Sunday afternoon when Connell woke from his nap, I told him he could decide where we go to eat before we go to the airport to pick up Daddy. He chose....Pizza Hut at Target. BIG surprise. Then when we got to the airport, he thought we were in Las Vegas. I think he was a little confused...I love how his mind works!





2 comments:

aimee said...

so great to see pictures of your parents! sounds like a fun weekend for everybody!!

~Isabel said...

What a fantastic treat to have your parents visit! I can see how much joy they bring to Connell and Emma; i'm so jealous of you to have such wonderful parents that are so involved in your life!

Your photos are so great, Sarah! I'm so glad that you are capturing all of those special moments...