Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My New Best Friend...

So I happened upon a new blog/website recently. I marked it as a favorite, but just really got a chance to check it out. WOW!!!

I have been struggling with "organization" since I gave birth to Connell. I guess I thought that being a stay-at-home Mom would lend me the time to have a neat, well-organized life and home. Well, Connell is almost 3 and guess what??? It didn't take me long to see that it's not as easy as it seems.

Hence, my excitement with this website www.orgjunkie.com/getting-started. Organizing junkie! Love it! I am looking forward to trying some of her tips/suggestions. But let me clarify my motivation: I don't strive to be that all-together, perfect all the time housewife. I would rather be with my kids and enjoy each and every moment as I am realizing now just how quickly they are growing up. I would like to create a sense of order and stick to it so that I can use my time the way I would enjoy...rather than looking at the pile of junkmail, papers, etc around here that constantly call my name.

**Note to my Mom** who checks this blog 8 times daily: I apologize that there are no pics of your "grands" in this entry. Tomorrow, I will take a photo of them helping me "organize"! :)

2 comments:

~Isabel said...

oooo.....i'm going to have to visit that site!

btw, you looked fantastic at MOPS on Monday! It was so good to see you...i can't believe how much Emma is growing! She's too stinkin' cute!

Chrissy :) said...

I love orgjunkie! Have you happened across her MPM (menu planning monday) yet? It is awesome! Tons of people link up what their menus are for the week and some include recipes. Such a great way to figure something out for dinner, on the fly! ha ha!

Speaking of fly... have you heard of flylady? She's next on your list after you've conquered The Org!!

Can't wait to see some "before" and "after" pictures! ;)