Saturday, March 6, 2010

Me.

I don't really blog about myself. I guess in a way I do, since my life is my family. But I have been wanting to share some things that have been going on with me lately.

I am not big on resolutions at New Years. Probably because if I make them, they almost NEVER happen. So this year, I decided to resolve to do some things, and I started in February. Shortly after the year began, I was sitting in Emma's room feeding her while Connell played in the floor. I suddenly was struck by the fact that I am their Mommy, for life, and that needs to be a long, healthy life. This wasn't any big revelation...but for some reason on that day, it really hit me. After I gave birth to Connell, someone told me "You know Connell really belongs to God. He is just trusting you to love him and care for him." Now God has given us two beautiful, healthy and happy children and I don't feel like I am keeping up my end of the deal. I had finally realized that I need to make myself a priority and work on changing (improving) some things about myself.

Tim and I will celebrate ten years of marriage in the spring. During those ten years, we've moved away from everyone we know, moved again, built a home, changed jobs, lost a baby, had two babies and a whole lot more! I know (since I watch Dr. Oz and he talks about this almost everyday :) ) that sometimes as a wife/mommy/friend/woman, that we do all sorts of other things and then not much for ourselves. A friend of mine had started Weight Watchers back in November and has had wonderful success. So I decided, why not? Couldn't come up with a reason not to.

It's been great. And not nearly as bad/hard as I thought it would be. In my first 4 weeks, I have lost 10 pounds. I haven't been hungry. I don't feel like I am dieting at all. I have just made some positive changes and changed some "habits" and feel so much better as a result. I don't feel that yucky stuffed miserable feeling after I eat. I have more energy and a spring in my step. I also have started exercising again (my body is probably freaking out!) and it feels awesome.

It's exciting to be wearing clothes that haven't fit in a loooooong time. It's exciting to see the scale move down. But what's really exciting is to know that I am making my body more healthy so I can be around for my babies and my hubby for the long haul. I have a wonderful support system in my family and friends and that makes a HUGE difference. I find myself wishing I had done this a long time ago...but can't change the past. And really, reflecting on the last ten years, I wouldn't change a thing.

If you are still reading, (ha!) thank you. I will continue to post updates on my progress. I also have another GOAL in mind for the near future, but that's for another post! :)

Me with one of my "reasons"

3 comments:

Jessica said...

YAY for you!!! 10 lbs in no minor thing and you should be soo proud of yourself! What an awesome accomplishment!!

Erika said...

What a great start Sarah - and you've got all of tha family to support you along the way. It's great to hear you not use the "d" word...it sounds like this is more of a lifestyle adjustment...and as you said, for the long term. Go get 'em tiger!!

Pigtails & Pearls said...

Awesome....I cannot wait to hear about your other goal!