Monday, November 30, 2009

Being Thankful

It seems as though the older (yikes) I get, the more I truly appreciate the meaning and true spirit of Thanksgiving. And now being the mother of two beautiful children, I am finding myself with more of a spirit of Thanksgiving all throughout the year. Some days, of course, it's easier than others to keep a thankful spirit and attitude. But looking at the faces of my sweet babies, I can't help but be full of thanks for so many blessings.
We traveled to Memphis/Olive Branch to be with our family and friends to celebrate this wonderful holiday. This was Emma's first trip and so for many of our family and friends, this was their first time to meet her. She was a great traveler, and was sweet and smiley for everyone! We had delicious meals and fun family time. We are looking forward to doing it again in a few weeks for Christmas!

Meme & Emma
Papa & Connell
Emma smiling at Grandma & Grandpa
While we were in town, our friend Barb (who works at the BNSF Railroad) offered to take Connell to see the trains! He was so excited!

Grandpa, Connell & Daddy with the 'BIG CHOO CHOO'
My sweet boy!
I am sooooo thankful for our little family!
Tim & our Godson, Gus!
Connell & Gus
Emma looks a little bored with all of this!
Kisses!
love the hat!!!!
Emma & Mommy's self-portrait
Thank you, Lord, for this sweet, healthy baby girl you gave us this year.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Very cute photos! We are getting older and wiser and it wasn't so long ago WE were the little ones our parents were thankful for and loving so much. I'm happy to know they all feel the same way today! Glad to see your holiday season kicked off with a successful road trip; although it'll probably be nice to wake up in your own home on Christmas morning with your guests.