Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Week

We had a good week this week. Things calmed down a bit after the wild and crazy bunco night. I worked quite a bit this week (my data entry I do from home). Tim worked, of course. Our weather was somewhat yucky. And now it's incredibly cold. I kept hoping for a sunny day (even if it was cold) to try to get out and take some pictures of all the pretty fall foliage, but it never happened. Maybe next week...
My Dad came to town on Wednesday. He was attending a conference at the Opryland Hotel Thursday and Friday and turned down those fancy accomodations to stay with us. Imagine that! Connell and Grandpa had a big time!

Grandpa read about 100 books to Connell!

Grandpa's big boots!

On Thursday, my Father-in-law (Papa) had some pretty major surgery in Memphis. It went well, but he is in a lot of pain and will have a long recovery period. Tim and his two brothers headed to Memphis on Friday afternoon to visit and try to help their Mom with hospital shifts so she could rest. They were supposed to come home today (sunday) but - unfortunately Uncle Patrick got very sick on Saturday night and spent much of Sunday at the ER. So, the guys will be heading home on Monday. We are praying for Papa and for Patrick to feel better!
Saturday Connell and I went to a birthday party for Kate, who turns 1 this week! I used to work with Kate's Daddy and we've gotten to be friends with Kate and her Mommy. She had the cutest ladybug birthday cake. Connell thought we should eat it right when we arrived. :) What can I say? He takes after his Mommy and her love of birthday cake!

Connell & Kate enjoying cake!

Today, Kristy and I took our kids and the Jacobs' kids to Oprymills Mall. We must have forgotten that it was a weekend and the holiday shopping season. No economic problems there! It was crazy crowded. But it was a success anyway. I was looking for some boots, and found them! And the kids had fun on rides and the Music City Express train. Maybe we'll do it again sometime...like in February!
Kristy & Ian on some ride that probably would have made me ill

Reagan, Chloe & Taylor

...hey guys, it's supposed to be fun!


The kiddos!
And after a busy day...Goodnight moon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope "PaPa's" recovery goes well this week - and we will say a special little prayer for him. All our best! Erika and Knoel