Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend stuff

Grandma and Grandpa came for the weekend. They arrived earlier than usual on Friday and the kids were ecstatic! I told Tim we could've just left and they never would have noticed...hey, maybe we should try that!
Friday night we ordered pizza and stayed home. Tim and my Dad were getting things ready to work on a home improvement project. On Saturday, the girls headed out for our ladies day, and the boys headed for their MANdate. Our day consisted of Chickfila breakfast, shopping for dresses and shoes for an upcoming family wedding, shopping for fabric for more sewing projects, lunch with the guys, and then more shopping for the kids at a boutique nearby that I absolutely L.O.V.E! I get into all kinds of trouble in there!!! oh well...meanwhile, the guys did Chickfila breakfast, Lowes, Porter Paints, home to work on project and watch the Tigers game and then met us for lunch. By the time we got home, it was nearly 4pm. That's a LONG day of running around for Emma, and she was such a trooper. I was the tired one!

Emma was helping to pick fabric for her outfits. I had about 6 picked out, we narrowed it down to 2, and then Emma picked. Ladies, look out! Connell and his cousin Chandler are going to be ringbearers in my cousin Aimee's wedding in a few weeks. Connell's suit arrived the other day, and he is so handsome in it! He even likes to put it on. I was so excited that Mom and I were able to find plain black shoes that weren't too expensive. Sometimes PLAIN kids shoes are very hard to find...really. Connell is also going to be in Uncle Patrick's wedding later this year (along with Emma) so this will get him prepared, right?! Precious Emma after church. Enjoying the beginning of spring with Grandpa. One last story before naptime. In between all of the goings-on, my Mom and I sewed our 2nd project...a summer romper for Emma. I finished the little ties at the bottom all by myself after they left and now all it needs is buttonholes and buttons. It turned out so cute! While we were busy doing all of this, Tim worked really hard all weekend getting work done on a home improvement project that I am really excited about...more on that later this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the outift and I LOVE the blog look and font! Super cute! You will have to tell me how you did it!