Friday, August 21, 2009

My Blog is Boring...

I keep trying to come up with something fun to blog about. Like the arrival of Emma Kathryn. But alas, nothing yet. So I tried to scrape together something...here goes...!
We are nesting. All of us. Well, maybe not Tim so much. But he nests as directed and is helping me clean and does miscellaneous "honey-do's" without any comments! Connell, on the other hand, he's nesting. Do you have a helper like this? He is constantly sweeping or vacuuming. But in the dinosaur underwear - now that's a sight!

Yesterday, I went to see my doctor. I am 38 weeks (and a day, now) - but who's counting! :) This was actually my second trip this week. Monday morning, I had an unexpected visit because I didn't feel like Emma was as active over the weekend as usual. Of course, once I got to his office and they hooked me up to the fetal heart monitor, she started jumping around as usual, and has pretty much been doing it all week. And she has the hiccups usually 2 times a day, just like her brother did! Connell came in at the very end of my visit Monday (my awesome friend Shannon came and kept him occupied while Tim and I were in the office). I was still sitting in the big comfy recliner and had the monitor on my belly when Connell came in. I don't think he was too sure about all that, but he could hear Emma's heartbeat really well, and for the rest of this week, has been telling everyone that he heard Baby Emma's heart and it said "boom boom boom boom." Such a sweetie!

Back to yesterday's visit. Not a lot to report. However, my doctor is going to be out starting on my due date (9/3) for Labor Day weekend, so he did say that if I haven't delivered before my appointment next Thursday, we'll discuss delivering (inducing) before he leaves. YAY! Definitely want him to be there for the big event. And that puts a light at the end of the tunnel for me...kind of!

So I was a little bummed when I left there; not sure why. It's not like going to the doctor means I am going to see my baby or anything. Since Connell was at Mother's Day Out and I had time to kill, I decided to patronize a somewhat new business in town - Gigi's Cupcakes! Oh my! I have had one of their cupcakes once before at bunco, but this was my first visit in the bakery. I should now try to forget how to get there. Although, it's conveniently located right across from the hospital where I'll have Emma...do I see a special "birthing" cupcake in my future???!!! I grabbed a few cupcakes and shared with a friend at lunch, and then brought one home for my hubby. I replaced my icecream craving with cupcakes for a day! And it sure was yummy!

Let's see...not much else to report. It's pretty much a repeat routine around here. Keep up with Connell, keep up with laundry, try to keep the house somewhat straight (gotta leave a clean house when I go into labor :)) rest when I can, and then go to bed wondering "WHEN"! Repeat again the next day! Bags are packed. We'll see. Please keep our growing family in your prayers! Thank you!

1 comment:

aimee said...

can't wait to "meet" baby emma. i'll be praying for a safe (and quick) delivery!! love to you all!