Monday, April 20, 2009

A Very Full Social Calendar...

This past weekend was a busy one for our family. First, let's just set the tone leading up to the weekend. Stomach virus...Tim...then me. Not fun. I'll leave out the grisly details. We are just so thankful that our little buddy didn't get it. I must send a HUGE special thank you to our dear friends, the Jacobs, who really came to the rescue on Thursday. I was so sick I couldn't even leave the house. Shannon picked Connell up from Mother's Day Out and kept him until Tim got home from work. Then Tim and Connell played at the Jacobs and ate dinner - thus avoiding me and my germs the whole day! They came home just in time for bedtime. Connell had a blast...he has the best time at their house...they have 2 dogs and lots of cows out behind their house! What else can you ask for?!!!!
Thankfully, I felt like a new woman (for the most part) Friday morning, which is good, because I was gearing up for a busy weekend. It began with a birthday party for our good friend Jackson, who turned 3!

Connell in the bouncey house!

The birthday boy & his sister Jordan!

After that, it was time for bed so we could get up Saturday morning and drive to Memphis. As soon as we got there, it was time for Tim's cousin Ambry's Briday Shower. She is getting married in July, and this was the family shower. She is so sweet and we are very excited for her and her fiance, Caleb!

The Beautiful Bride-to-Be!

Taylor & Reagan

Sunday, my Mom and I gave Katie (Connell's godmother & really, such a good friend, she's a part of our family!) a baby shower. Katie and her husband Andy are expecting their first baby, a boy, in about a month. We can't wait to meet baby Gus!

Fun baby gifts!

Me & Abby (Katie's sister)

Cake and cookies! Can you say "SUGAR?"

My Mom, Katie & me

Look closely...Katie, Gus, Sarah and Emma! :) So excited!

It was a wonderful weekend, full of family, friends, fun and food! :) Needless to say, when we got home Sunday night at 8, we were all worn out and ready for bed! Here's looking forward to a healthy week for all so I can catch up from last week!

1 comment:

aimee said...

I think I got tired reading about your weekend! Glad you're feeling better. You look great in those pictures and the picture of Connell bouncing is adorable!