Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby news... IT'S A .....



We had our ultrasound this morning, and are so excited to know that our new baby is a GIRL!!!! Emma Kathryn will be joining our family! Connell will have a baby sister! Most importantly, everything looked great on the ultrasound, so we are thanking God for that!

Long before Emma became #1 on the girl name list, Tim and I fell in love with the name. Several years ago, even before Connell came along, we bought this...it was on clearance at a baby boutique when we were on vacation, and we put it away, and brought it out today! Just recently, there was another 'girl' name in the running, also with an "E"...so this morning, when we found out the baby is a girl, we had to decide. Connell overheard me mention the name Emma on the phone about a month ago, and said it right away. He says it all the time and it's so cute how he says it. SO - that's it! Emma it is!

So glad she already has something to wear! The "E" on the booty is cute today...Tim probably won't think it's so cute when she is a teenager and wants to wear those itty bitty shorts with words on the bottom! Oh no...that's a worry for another day!

Thank you so much for all your prayers. Keep praying!

10 comments:

andy stenz said...

congrats you guys! that's exciting!

aimee said...

yay emma! that's a beautiful name!! i'm so happy for you! congrats!!!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!!! We have an Emma in our family so we are especially fond of that name!!

Erika said...

Wonderful news! I love names that begin with the letter "E." Have fun getting ready for a baby girl, I bet it will be so much fun to buy things!

The Bambino Adventure said...

Congratulations Sarah, Tim and big brother Connell!

Shannon Cornell said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited for the O'Leary family. I can't wait to meet my newest cousin. Give Connell a hug for me. Miss you all.

~Isabel said...

YAY!! IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

I'm so excited for you and your family, Sarah. Connell will be an excellent big brother!

Btw, i love the name.... :))

Joy Traylor said...

So So excited for ya'll!! I love the name Emma and the cute outfit! Can't wait for her to get here!

Missy said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the girl world, it's a blast and I love her name.

The Sundbergs said...

Big congrats!!!!! And Emma is such a pretty name. Obviously, I thought so! :)