Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let's Go to the Movies!

Let me just start by saying I am way behind on blogging and posting pictures of all the fun we've been having the past few weeks. In my next post, I'll make excuses! This post is all about the fun we had today!

We have a new outdoor mall about 10 minutes from where we live. There is a movie theater, and they have been doing free movies for kids during the summer. Today, Connell went to his FIRST movie! We've been waiting all summer for this one...the Veggie Tales - The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything! Before I get scolded for my child watching movies, he doesn't watch much! However, he loves the DVD of the Veggie Tales Ultimate Silly Songs. I mean, LOVES it! The Silly Songs are even on my ipod for the car! Tim and I, like any good parent, know ALL the words! So anyway, a bunch of mommies/kids from our MOPS group (Mothers of pre-schoolers) were going to the movie today. We met Kristy and Taylor and Reagan at the theater shortly before 10am for showtime. Let me just say, Connell still takes 2 naps and one is usually at 9:30. I was worried how the movie time would work with that, but he did great! He took turns sitting in between the girls, and in my lap or Kristy's. Juice, Teddy grahams...he loved the whole thing! And made it thru the whole movie, no nap, all smiles! Here are pictures of Connell and his very cute 'dates'!



Afterward, we visited the fountain for some water time! We've strolled by several times, but this was the first time Connell got to play IN the water...He had a blast!


HOW does this thing work???!!!!


Reagan

Taylor



Catching a 5 minute nap on the way home!

Later, Connell took almost a 3 hour nap - a combination of exhaustion from his big day (and a skipped nap), and these shades that his Daddy hung over his windows last night to make it cooler and darker in his room!

No comments: