Friday, July 15, 2011

Our week

It's Friday night and I am relaxing and sipping a little Polka Dot Riesling, and blogging. And let me just add, it feels good to be caught up (kinda) on my blog and actually be able to write a post about our week.
We started our week with a swimming playdate with my friend Katie and her sweet baby Tanner. He was in the pool with us for a while, and then he did this...

Emma has turned into quite the little water lover. Usually she either plays on the steps or we hold her in the water. Monday we tried her swim/floatie thing. I wasn't sure if she would do well with it, but I let go of her for a little bit, and she did really well. I told her to hold her head up, and close her mouth. She did both, and was super cute in the process. I won't be turning her loose on her own this summer, but next summer will be a whole new ballgame, I am sure!

I am not sure if I mentioned in a previous post or not, but Connell has turned the corner with his swimming and is starting to be more and more without his "puddlejumper". That is the actual name for the swim/float thing, and I LOVE IT. That is why I purchased one for Emma long before she needed it. I think it's the most comfortable float for kids this small. And it keeps them floating, which means a little break for momma. I bought ours at Target.
Tanner woke up and got a kiss from Emma. Can't wait to show them this when they are older!

Love how Tanner is looking at Emma here
We had a fun time and then went home for long naps. I even curled up and took a nap with Connell. I love that I can do that. A "perk" of my job!
Later this week, we did crafts. or craps as Connell calls them. ha! I am a huge fan of the $1 section at Target, but let me just add, Michael's has an amazing $1 aisle as well. I found lots of fun things for the kids and I am saving some for the roadtrips we have later this summer.




Thursday night I had a girls night break. My friend Michele had us over to have appetizers by the pool. It was a great break from the week and I tried a new wine. As I mentioned above, I am having a glass now. It's very yummy if you are a riesling fan! And a cute bottle, who can resist!
This morning, they wanted to share a seat for breakfast. I couldn't argue since they were being sweet!

Hope you all had a good week. TGIF! We are looking forward to a fun family weekend!

2 comments:

Katie said...

We too had a great time at the pool!!! Love the O'Leary's

Erika said...

Mmmm...Polka Dot Riesling. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to try it sometime.