Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally...more Emma!

All intentions of keeping my blog current have completely been lost! Oh well! Better late than never!

I spent naptime today making a slideshow so I can share the best moments of Emma's birth/hospital stay. It was exciting, with a few surprises, good and bad. Most importantly, Emma Kathryn arrived. Safe, healthy, and beautiful. I can't post this blog entry without BRAGGING on myself and the fact that I made it all the way to 8 CM before I got my epidural! Not exactly how I envisioned the day...I planned on getting that EPI around 4cm, but there were a few delays, mixups, whatever...at least I can say I felt TRUE labor. I felt plenty of early contractions with Connell, and it wasn't fun, but this was the real deal! And SOOOOOO worth it! As soon as the epidural was placed, I started to push, and 15 minutes later, Emma was here! 22 hour process to birth Connell. 7 hours to birth Emma. :) That's my girl!

We did have a scary evening after her delivery. I suffered a postpartum hemorrage/fainted/the whole bit. Lots of people in my room quickly doing lots of things to me. Not anything I've experienced before and don't really want to again. The hospital staff took wonderful care of me, and I am blessed to have the strongest husband/labor coach in the world. We appreciate all of the prayers you sent our way!

Hope you enjoy the slideshow. I will try to update as often as possible as I figure out life with 2!

3 comments:

Shannon Cornell said...

Yeah!!!! I've been DYING to see more pictures of your little angel. I'm overjoyed watching that video. What a gorgeous family!! Can't wait to meet Miss Emma. We should be in town around her 2 month b'day (if not sooner), so I'll meet her then. Give the family my love.

Erika said...

Wonderful Sarah - lots of love to the family. Hi to Uncle Steve and Aunt Barb! Mom is on the upswing...no more bad news, she's really happy for you all.

aimee said...

she is perfect! you have a beautiful family, sarah! i'm so happy for you!! love to you all!!