Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love & other sweet things

I get so excited to celebrate Valentine's Day with my sweeties! I love them everyday but it's kind of fun to spend some time talking about & celebrating that love. And now that they are getting bigger, we are able to share more about God's love and they GET IT!
Can't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post, but my Mom and I made Emma this precious little dress for vday. I wanted to get a picture of the kiddos to put on our valentine. This is never an easy task. Here's what we got:

i think this is just TOO cute! They are quite the pair!This was our choice for our valentine card! Of course I am not going to post all the reject photos! HA! Thumbs in mouths, fingers up noses, you moms know what I mean! Breakfast love...they were quite impressed. So was I. Remember, I am the "domestic disaster!" I am not sure at this point in the game that this is a "love" or a "sweet thing" but it belongs in this post anyway. We got more of this white stuff. again. It was pretty and Tim got to stay home with us so it was pretty sweet!Back in the warm house, Emma and Connell got our valentines ready for the mail. Emma was in charge of stickers. Connell was in charge of stamps. And two days later, it was nice enough for outside play. This winter weather is crazy! We had a lovely weekend together as a family. Saturday we went to a yummy lunch together (family date) to celebrate valentines and to avoid the rush on Monday! Both sets of Grandparents sent Hallmark recordable books for the kids for valentines day. We saved them until the actual day. They were so excited. They have since been wearing these books out! I wonder what kind of battery life they have?! I made some heart-shaped cupcakes for my favorite sweeties. Emma ended up with a chocolate goatee (i have NO idea how to spell that word ;) Connell takes a little longer with his cupcake, but doesn't make as big of a mess!

Love to all our Valentines!!!

2 comments:

The Shads said...

The picture of them looking at each other is incredible. What a MOMENT you captured

Erika said...

Sarah - you get an A+ for effort and for how Emma's Valentine's dress turned out. Great job!