Friday, January 1, 2010

Four Months!

When Connell was a baby, I remember how 4 months was one of my very favorite ages. I always tell my friends with their first babies, 4 months, to me, is like the best time! I call it the golden days of babies! They are sweet, happy, cuddly (at least mine have been) and have pretty much mastered great sleeping skills! Emma is no different! We are at that TIME and I am loving every minute!!!!! If I could pause Connell and Emma - I would definitely stay right where we are for a while longer.

I took Emma for her 4 month checkup on Jan 12 (I am just back-dating this post to keep organized). So she was actually 4 months plus some...and as expected, she got a GREAT review. Our girl weighs 14 pounds and 8 ounces and is 25 inches long. She was all smiles for Dr. Patterson and then it was time for those shots! She, of course, cried but was quickly consoled and was really fine once she took a nap.


Emma Bits at 4 months:
  • You are now in a size 2 diaper. And you use alot of them each day! ha! You are also quickly outgrowing your 3-6 month clothes. Guess we need to go shopping! :)
  • You have started drooling. ALOT. Your tops are always soaked. Can you say BIB?! Connell helps to wipe your drool. He thinks it's spit up.
  • You rolled over for the first time on Christmas. Now you do it all the time and you are even sleeping on your tummy sometimes. You haven't quite figured out how to roll from your tummy to your back so sometimes you get frustrated. We often catch you on your tummy sucking your thumb.
  • You have definitely found your "sound"! You squeal and squeak and giggle. It's a beautiful noise!
  • You have become quite the social baby. You are easily distracted while nursing and want to check out what's going on. OH, and if there happens to be a TV on in the room and there are sports on, you will crane your neck to watch. You really shouldn't, but we let you for just a minute ;)
  • No child can be in our family without assorted nicknames. Just ask Connell (Bobo, Connell Bear, etc). We have started calling you "Emmels" - even Connell does it. It's so cute when he says it!

Flashback - Connell @ 4 months

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm starting with New Year's Day and working my way through. As I was working my back to this post, I did sneak a peek at baptism photos; what a special event for the family!