Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Preparing for Baby Emma!

Well, time is flying by and it's been a while since I updated about my pregnancy. I am so blessed because it appears that this time around is very much like when I was pregnant with Connell. Aside from general preggo complaints (heartburn, backpain, and now the summer heat!) I am feeling great, and loving being pregnant! Now this may not be the case in another month or so, we'll see! It's only going to get hotter!

I am almost 28 weeks now, and I can't believe how fast the time is going by. I am sure it has something to do with the fact that I am kept very BUSY with Connell. Also, I have been working a lot the past month or so. My 'work-at-home' medical data entry job has ended. The company that we worked for is no longer outsourcing the work, so when I found out that it was ending, I tried to do as much as possible. It was hard and hectic, but I did a LOT of chart entry, so I could save up some extra $$$ to buy sweet girly things for Emma and her room, and of course, for Connell! He is still so fun to shop for! So now that I am no longer sitting at my desk entering charts during naptime and after bedtime, I am NESTING! Yes, cleaning, de-cluttering, organizing, taking truckloads to Goodwill. Making room for Emma! Her room was previously the guestroom and the general 'catch-all' for this house. Needless to say, in losing that space, I have lots of organizing, etc to do. And I have been working tirelessly doing it. It's nice to see progress being made. But there is still a lot to do. Not today...my husband told me I needed to rest. That's why I am blogging! - with my feet up!

Anyway, back to Emma. Finally some decisions have been made about her room. I have been had the hardest time making up my mind about certain things...but I think it's getting better. My ideas are starting to come together!
We have ordered her furniture...it's black with an antiqued finish. We are doing a convertible crib like we did for Connell so it will convert into a full size bed when it's time. The walls are going to be a very pale lavender and there will be light green accents. The green rocker from Connell's room will be moving to Emma's room, so I wanted to find lavender/green bedding for her crib and this is what I ordered...

I am going to the doctor next Tuesday for an ultrasound, so I will try to share a picture of Emma. We should be able to see her a little better since last time she was only 18 weeks!

Oh - before I forget, Connell and I were running a quick shopping errand today and he saw a little pink teddy bear and he said "Baby Emma, Baby Emma!" It was the sweetest sound! I bought it, and he can bring it to the hospital when he comes to meet his little sister. :)

4 comments:

Erika said...

Adorable story about Connell noticing the present for Baby Emma. Your plans for Emma's room sound great! Connell will be a great big brother (just like your big brother, right?!?!) and it seems like yesterday you and Tim were bringing Connell home from the hospital. Memories. Thanks for the updates!

aimee said...

love the bedding! can't wait to see emma's room when it's all finished!

Pigtails & Pearls said...

I love the bedding! So cute that Connell picked out a teddy bear for her!

~Isabel said...

Connell is going to be such a great big brother, Sarah! I can't wait to see them together!

And the bedding for Emma is so cute~i can't wait to see it when you're done.

I hope that you're doing well~and getting lots of rest! :)